Welcome.

This is a collection of things from my daily life that are not necessarily art related. For my art, please check out my website.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Coffee Addict Extraordinaire and Homemade Mocha Syrup

I am a coffee junky.

I'm actually ok with that. I've done all of the soul searching, tried decaf, and all of that.

It's Bullshit.

Whatevs. I <3 coffee.

Plain and simple.


I didn't start drinking liquid crack, AKA coffee, until my first year teaching.
hmm..
Whadda coincidence.

I found Starbucks, The Human Bean, and OMG DUTCH BROTHERS.

I poured hours and hours into my profession, slaving away day and night, to support my habit.
Ok, not really, but I stopped for my triple soy Sugar Free Vanilla Latte every day.

I'm not a math major, but I started thinking, hey. I wonder how much this is costing me?
hmm.. 5 days x $4.00, x 4 weeks, times 9, for the months out of the year I commuted to work...

OH GOD!!!

I bought an espresso machine, on clearance, at the House of Liquid Crack AKA, Starbucks.

It paid for itself in savings after 2 months.
I <3 my machine.

Here's how I make my own SF mocha syrup.
Awesome step by step created using #picstitch on my phone

What you need:
 Small mason jar and lid, or any 2 cup container that seals, and can be refrigerated.
Torani syrup of your choice, or.... maple syrup, or your own simple syrup concoction.
Baking cocoa, unsweetened.

I mix a bunch all at once, because it saves me time in the morning. You could also make it on a cup by cup basis, the general idea is the same. 
* I buy my syrup at World Market when they are on sale, 2/$10, and keep a few in my pantry.

1. Into your mason jar, pour 8 oz of your syrup flavor base. For a simple mocha, use vanilla.
2. Scoop an equal amount of the cocoa powder into your jar on top of the syrup.
3. put the lid of your jar on TIGHT! and shake, shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it.

Label the top of your jar with a sharpie, and TADA, you have a mocha mix that you can add to your coffee, iced or hot, or to your soy milk, almond milk, or other dairy/substitute for some deliciousness. Enjoy.

In the fall, I'll post how I make Pumpkin syrup.;)




No comments:

Post a Comment